Job Type: Seasonal (April/May to September/October)
We seek enthusiastic, hard-working, and reliable individuals to join our team as Zipline Guides. Zipline Guides are responsible for the direct delivery of our product to guests visiting our facility.
- Exhibit professional leadership characteristics. Interact with guests in an upbeat, positive and friendly manner while providing an experience that is educational and exhilarating.
- Demonstrate technical mastery of all zipline equipment, rigging and course infrastructure.
- Ensure that tours are timely, safe and enjoyable for every guest. Identify and manage risk, and help maintain a clean work environment.
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Standard First Aid, OFA 1 or minimum 16 hour equivalent with CPR-C (First Aid Providers)
- Successful completion of Adrena LINE’s Zipline Guide Certification Course
- Successful completion of Adrena LINE’s Emergency Rescue and Evacuation Competency Training
- Adventurous, comfortable with heights, and competent in performing emergency procedures
- Excellent people skills – competent, friendly, and upbeat
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Organized, responsible, dependable, self-motivated, and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Previous experience leading groups, public speaking, or guiding
- Work experience in the customer service and/or adventure tourism industry
- Experience working at heights, understanding the concept of mandatory safety at heights
- Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License with clean driving record
Hours are variable and include evenings and weekends. Guides usually work three trips a day, with four trips being the maximum. Trips are approximately two hours in length and guides are expected to be on site and ready 1/2 hour before their first trip of the day and up to 1/2 after their last trip of the day (Mandatory for ancillary activities both pre and post tour). Part-time work available in shoulder seasons (minimum 2 shifts/week), full-time work required in peak season (5 shifts/week). All shifts are subject to demand, confirmed either the evening prior, or morning of. Based on interest and skill set, additional work may be available as either a Shuttle Driver and/or a Course Technician.
$37.50/trip + gratuities (equates to $15/hour)
Over time pay (time and a half) if 8 hours exceeded in one day, or if 40 hours exceeded in a week
$5 bonus available when guiding only one zipline tour per day, with no other assigned roles/duties
How To Apply
We will start recruiting for the 2019 zipline season in January 2019. We have two flights of Zipline Guide Training scheduled for 2019:
- Monday, April 8 to Saturday, April 13 (8 positions available)
- Monday, May 13 to Saturday, May 18 (8 positions available)
To apply, please fill out our Online Application Form and attach your resume and cover letter. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.