Job Type: Full-Time
Adrena LINE Zipline Adventure Tours is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, hard-working, and reliable individual to join their leadership team. The successful applicant will be subject to a 6 month probationary period during which they will be required to demonstrate abilities in the roles of Zipline Guide, Course Technician, and Guest Services Agent. This period will provide the successful applicant with the necessary basic training and experience to continue their training as a member of the senior management team. Reporting to the Director, and working closely with the Lead Guide, the Operations Manger will oversee and implement daily operational guidelines to ensure a safe zipline operation.
Approximately 40 hours per week. Evening and weekend work will be required.
TBD based on candidate’s experience, training, and education.
- Oversee training, supervision, and evaluation of zipline operation staff
- Implement operational guidelines to ensure a smooth zipline operation
- Practice of proactive risk management habits, including the enforcement of operational policies
- Personnel management, scheduling, and discipline
- Maintenance of infrastructure, equipment, and vehicles
- Support of community & staff events (includes temporary ziplines, parades, etc.)
- Special projects, as required to meet the evolving needs of the business
- Regular meetings with the senior management team
- Perform the roles of Guide, Course Technician, and Guest Services Agent to a standard that displays leadership
- Completion of a college or university diploma/degree, preferably in Outdoor Recreation or Recreation Management, or a minimum of 2 years’ relevant supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills – an upbeat, friendly and professional attitude
- Ability to organize, plan ahead and manage workload
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a busy environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be able to work both as a member of a team, and independently with little supervision
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent understanding of risk management and a commitment to safe work practices
- Must be available to work during peak periods including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Physically fit and willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- First aid certification is an asset
- Some mechanical aptitude and experience using a variety of tools and power equipment is an asset
- BC Class 4 Driver’s License
How To Apply
We are currently accepting applications for the Operations Manager position until January 23rd. Fill out our Online Application Form and attach your resume and cover letter. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.