Job Type: Seasonal (mid-June to early November)
**Potential for Full-Time, Salaried Position**
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, reliable person with a diversified educational background and work history to join our team as Operations Assistant. Reporting to the Operations Manager and General Manager. The Operations Assistant is responsible for actively participating in the roles and responsibilities of the management team while contributing to the expanding and future needs of a growing business.
Approximately 40 hours weekly. Evening and weekend work will be required.
Commensurate with experience.
- Perform the roles of Course Tech and Guide to a standard that displays leadership
- Manage and follow up on paperwork related to Zipline guiding:
- Course inspections; guide trip reports; CT Comms; incident, accident, and witness report forms; WorkSafe BC reporting; defective, missing equipment and restocking reports
- Supervision of Course Techs and Guides; oversee and implement daily company operational guidelines to ensure a smooth Zipline operation:
- Safety policies and procedures; timely tour departures and returns; ensuring adequate breaks for staff; hand held radio communications; Unimog/all- terrain vehicles; Zipline equipment, inventory, and inspections; extrication/safety equipment and first aid
- Fulfill the role of Ops1 in absence of Operations Manager and General Manager
- Scheduled bridging day with Operations Manager
- Assist the Operations Manager with maintenance of infrastructure:
- Daily and weekly checklists and Guest Services maintenance; Zipline course maintenance; vehicle cleaning and maintenance
- Completion of Operations Par Values and tracking:
- Satellite Storage Cabinet, First Aid Cabinet, Level 1 First Aid Kits, Guide Clothing, Cans
- Responds to requests from Operations Manager, General Manager and Director of Zipline Operations
- Attend regular management meetings
- Assist Management and Directors in helping promote our product to increase the profitability of our business
- Assist the Operations Manager with additional HR related tasks:
- Pre-employment zips, site orientations, continuous skills development of guides and course technicians, evaluations
- Training and evaluating Operations staff (with Operations Manager and/or Lead Trainer)
- Guide Training; ERECT; Follow-up Training; Sr. Guide Refresher Training; Shuttle Driver Training; Night Zip Training
Training & Experience
- Work Experience and/or Educational background in Adventure Tourism or Recreation
- Trades Training (carpentry, mechanical)
- Computer skills
- Experience in coaching, teaching, and/or instructing groups
- Supervisory experience
- Previous guiding and customer service experience
- Standard 1st Aid with CPR Level C
- Driving abstract and minimum 5 years driving experience
- Excellent people skills: confident, competent, friendly, positive and able to motivate others
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
How To Apply
We are currently accepting applications for the Operations Assistant position.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Due to the high number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.